Tuesday, June 8, 2010

This is the CIA.

This is Roth Hall, the main building. Three of the five restaurants (again, including Apple Pie Bakery) are located in this building, along with many classrooms, kitchens (Cuisines of the Americas, Meditteranean, and Asia), the bookstore, the mail room, health services, many offices (including the office of my friend, the President), etc. Farquharson Hall, the student dining facility, is also located in this building. The detail on the ground at the bottom of the picture is a running fountain during the day. FYI, three of my four classes are in this building for this Block.
This is Angell Hall, and I live here in Room 204. Room 204 sound familiar to anyone? My room here at the CIA does not remind me that much of Room 204 at the Holiday Inn Express in Athens, where I have tailgated for the past 23 years of my life; the people are just not the same. :)
The glass walkway on the right in this picture is the "hamster cage," which connects Roth Hall to most of the baking and pastry kitchens/classrooms. I will spend most of my time here at the CIA in this building. If you are walking around campus, the smell as you walk in this direction from the front of Roth Hall is amazing. Come visit; some bakeries give free samples to visitors.
This is the Hilton Library, one of the largest libraries in the country. No, you will not find most books, such as To Kill a Mockingbird or any of the Twilight books, but you will find a large (and I mean large) collection of cookbooks, videos on food, and other books on foods, of course, with some dating back hundreds of years. If you walk through the library, there are many, many imprinted hands of famous chefs, and it is quite interesting to see these names of people who were known for the craft they created with these hands.
The Colavita Center for Italian Food and Wine is home to Ristorante Caterina de' Medici, an award-winning restaurant on campus. If you were to continue walking on the pedestrian crosswalk to Colavita, you would enter the herb garden, where students gather fresh herbs for use in the kitchen. I could pick these herbs, and even the roses, if I wanted them for personal use.

*These pictures were taken with my small digital camera as the sun was setting. I apologize for the poor angle shots. I promised pictures and here are a few. (Blogger would only let me post five. Therefore, I chose the most prominent buildings on campus.)

I tinkle sprinkles? (Inappropriate, Katy Capers)

Haley

2 comments:

  1. I tinkle sprinkles, now that is something I've never heard before! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mom says...Tinkling sprinkles is too much like kidney stones!!

    ReplyDelete