Wednesday, August 4, 2010

"Empire State of Mind"

Here I am. Why are my hands like that? It is either this picture or the one of my clinching my fists in excitement to finally be in New York, after driving 700+miles in two days. Just an FYI, New York's sign was the only sign to the left of us driving, between the four lanes of traffic.

I stayed with my mom again last night in Poughkeepsie. We watched the season premiere of 19 Kids and Counting. (You can judge me...) I attempted some homework and other random computer tasks. We just did nothing, really, and it was glorious.

This morning, we got ready, packed everything, and headed to the CIA. Mom and I ate at the Apple Pie Bakery. I had my signature Nutella Danish with a Coke, naturally, and mom ordered a savory scone with a Diet Coke, naturally. It took them a little while to actually bring us our order, which was relatively simple; it is obvious when it is Day One of service for the students, in the front of the house in Apple Pie today, for example. I gave mom a brief tour of campus, including showing her the specialty cakes bakeshop. (I think she liked that.) She met Danielle and awkwardly shook her hand. :) Then, it was time for me to drive her to Newburgh (about thirty minutes away) to the airport. Saying goodbye was not too hard, knowing everything I had to do when I got back to campus plus class, and I know I will see her Labor Day Weekend, in one short monthish.

I drove back to the CIA. I finished my BIET homework. I turned my homework in. I changed my clothes from chef whites to professional attire. I checked my mail. Then, it was time for class.

Day Two. Block C. Done. From 2 to 8:45 on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays these next three weeks, I have Principles of Design. Professor Oswalt told us today that this class is NOT a high school art/skills class but that it is a language class. Yeah, right. I am creative at some things but drawing/ free hand stuff is not my forte. We shall see how this goes, at six hours and forty-five minutes three days a week, with seven projects to do. On a serious note, though, I do think I will enjoy this class, as long as he really does not grade us on art skill but rather on concept, etc.

I skipped dinner and finished my Dessert Critique project instead, and I was done with class around 6:15. I went downstairs to see if there was anything I wanted to swipe for in any of the kitchens. I decided to just come back to my room and have my leftovers from last night. Now, as I type, my room is unpacked. My TV is set up. I have on my pajamas. Life is good. Now, time to relax before I have to get up tomorrow at noon. Oh boy. :)

LIFE IS SHORT. EAT DESSERT FIRST.

Hay Reh

*Happy Birthday to the Greatest Mother in the World, my Best Friend, my Biggest Fan, my Best Cat, my Mizzom! I am sorry that you sat in Newburgh, New York, in the airport for the majority of your day! Enjoy those cupcakes and macaroons!

No comments:

Post a Comment