Thursday, September 23, 2010

Hudson Valley, We have a Problem..

I have two problems in fact. Number one is that I am out of oreos. If you know me at all, you know that this NEVER happens, and if it does, it does not look good for the rest of the world that comes in contact with me as a person. Number two is that I am now dreaming about bread. You think I am kidding, but regretfully, I am not. :)

Wednesday in Breads Class
Team: Lean Dough (including cut rolls)
Lean dough: We marked our last two baguettes that we shaped and scored with a sticker (mine was red, of course). I showed the chef at the end of the day and she remarked that one of my scores, or cuts, on the baguette was perfect, to do them all like that. I thought she was talking about my baguette in general. Sad day. The day was better than my first day on lean.
Additional dough: We made Chocolate Cherry Bread. The bread world is split between those who like this bread and those who do not. When it was baking, it smelled like a brownie, and I was super excited to try it. It was disgusting. It was bitter and tasted nothing like it smelled. I am on team not-a-fan-of-chocolate-cherry-bread. (Chef swapped the downstairs Bakeshop for Culinary Students a chocolate cherry bread for a muffaletta babka. Unbelievable savory bread with cheese and ham and deliciousness. As a class, we got the better end of that swap.)
Fun moment: I was made fun of for saying "holler at me, if you need help." Apparently, they do not say "holler" everywhere...
Dinner: Vegetarian Burrito.

After class, I watched the season premiere of Law and Order: SVU (my fav). There was a scene in Grand Central Station, aka my home away from home, that I visit like every other week. Detective Benson and Stabler have walked where I have walked. :) Then, it was time for the second episode of Top Chef: Just Desserts. My fav is Heather from Atlanta, for sure; she graduated from the CIA with her associate's in Culinary (baller).

Thursday in Breads
Team: Lean
Class went really well today. It was my last day on lean dough, and I finally knew what I was doing. Chef Adams was even impressed with my baguette (pictured above). I think my team appreciated me taking charge of the lean dough. I just really do not like getting yelled at...
Dinner: Mushroom Pasta
This is a bonus picture. Yay. We made these sunflower rolls today (and sunflower loaves), and they are delicious. Be jealous that you cannot sample everything I post. :)

Tomorrow. Breads. NYC. Saturday. Georgia. I am pumped.

SO MUCH BREAD, SO LITTLE TIME

Hay Reh

No comments:

Post a Comment