Monday, September 20, 2010

"How's Ya Mama and 'Em?"

Well, apparently, my mother is annoyed and frustrated with me, in a loving way of course. "Are you ever going to blog again?" she asks. "You haven't blogged in like a week, and your last post was a recap of the three days prior." :) I heart my mommy, and I am glad I get to see her in a few weeks. Consider this an early Christmas present, Mizzom...

On Friday, I was on multi-grain bread again. It was the first time in Breads class that I actually felt like I knew what I was doing. I was the only person on my team that had made the dough before, even though I had only made it once, the day before. When Chef Adams asked questions, she directed them to me, and I replied with all the right answers. She had my team scale a new bread, chocolate cherry, and she demoed how to make and fill sweet dough. I did not feel like a fish out of water today; I was productive and did a good job, I think. I ended the week on a positive note.

I just realized that I have been forgetting to mention what I eat for dinner. On Friday, I had shrimp, crawfish, and andouille sausage jambalaya (or was it etouffee?). It was okay. I cannot really say anything great about it or negative.

There was an issue with the cinnamon swirl bread in the oven when we came back from dinner on Friday. Chef Adams had to show us how to actually clean the hearth of cinnamon-sugar goodness. Therefore, the class only had time to sample one dough, the sweet dough, and it was AH-MAZING! I even took a cherry one home for a snack on gameday (aka Saturday).

I did not feel very well on Friday night and just watched Double Jeopardy, keeping things low key.

Saturday was just that, gameday, and I literally sat and watched football (and tortured Nate with football) all day. I watched my team lose a miserably exciting game against the Arkansas Razorbacks. (I still love my dawgs and always will.) After that game, we watched Florida-Tennessee. I was routing for Tennessee, because I HATE Florida. Nate was cheering for Florida, but I think he was just doing it to make me angry. (Because you know, he knows NOTHING about football and could care less.) From there, we changed the channel and watched the "Tiger Bowl," Clemson versus Auburn. I was torn and just cheered for the Tigers?! (I have family who would be mad if I actually mentioned who I actually wanted to win. :)) By the end of overtime in Auburn, Nate asked, "can we please watch something else?" He is learning... slowly... that Saturdays in the Fall are exclusively for watching football. The end.

Yesterday, I went to Rhinebeck (where Chelsea Clinton recently got married) and ate at a restaurant named, Gigi, with Danielle and her friend, Whitney. I ordered the Skizza (flatbread pizza) with arugula pesto, zucchini, and Parmesan cheese, It was so delicious that I only ate half, because Nate stole the leftovers.

I was lazy for most of the rest of Sunday. Watched Frequency. Did laundry. Changed my sheets. Good day.

Most of the students at the CIA did not have class today, with it being a "self study" day. Nate and I went to lunch at Millhouse Panda in Poughkeepsie. I enjoyed watching Nate eat half a hot pepper, determined to prove me wrong that they are really not THAT hot. I thought he was going to die. Haley 392834918387. Nate 2. My only complaint about lunch was that they did not give me a freaking (yes, expletives are necessary here) fortune cookie. What the heck, right?

Then, I drove Nate to play in his playground, aka let him spend some time at Barnes and Noble. He bought me a Pumpkin Spice Latte, which made things okay. I do not read that much and Nate loves to read. However, he has not read half of the books that I have actually read. My suitcase will be super heavy when I come back from Georgia next weekend, full of books I am forcing him to read.

I have been procrastinating doing nothing productive since approximately 4 this afternoon. I finished half of my homework, but I still need to work on my timeline project that is due tomorrow.

Wish me luck tomorrow. I am on lean dough, which is the dough that requires the most work. I am actually excited, but I know I am going to be exhausted from a productive day in the bakery tomorrow.

BLOGGING? HUH?

Hay Reh

No comments:

Post a Comment