Can you believe I have been here at the CIA for twelve weeks? I took six weeks of class from June 1 to the beginning of July. I went home for three weeks. I started class again on August 3 and I finished Culinary Skills on Friday. It is crazy to think about everything I have done and learned and experienced in such a short period of time. I absolutely love it here, and things can only get better, starting with my first baking class in Bakeshop 6, Hearth Breads and Rolls.
Chef Adams seems rather intense but I think I am going to learn a lot and grow to LOVE her. Today, being Day One of the class, was hectic, with demos and sample rolling and baking, etc. Tomorrow, I will have much more to tell you about the specifics of the class. The chef for the most part, with the help of two other bakers, a teaching assistant and a second year baking student, gave our group the overview of how the shop works, the basics of bread making, etc. The most interesting thing to note about this class is that we are responsible for making bread for the restaurants on campus. It is our first baking class but we work in a production kitchen, feeding customers, even on our first day.
I apologize that I do not have that much to blog about today. Consider this a gift, to make up for all those novels I posted earlier. I have so much floating around in my head from the day. I need to get organized before I tell you the secrets to being a successful bread baker. I am sure by the end of these three weeks, you will be sick of me talking about gluten, and flour, and wheat, and hearth ovens, and rolling, and fermentation, and bread. See, I am going to have so much to blog about... soon. Chef Adams even suggests us taking pictures, and I fully intend on exciting y'all with pictures of bread that you can only eat with your eyes. :)
ROLLING IN DOUGH
Hay Reh
No comments:
Post a Comment