Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The Color Purple.

I am having the hardest time finishing this blog post. I know, you're just beginning to read, but, like a person losing their mind (anyone over the age of 40... bahaha... just kidding), I have been typing on my post page what I do every day and just saving it. In other words, this post has been ongoing for a while now. This would lead most people to ask why I don't just post every day?! Well, my life is glamorous but not THAT glamorous, and I would bore you to tears instead of enriching your lives once or twice a week with awesomeness and a little humor and some tantalizing treats (right?!).

Also, it is important to note that I have not been feeling well lately. I have/had two ulcers on the back of my lips but inside my mouth. I know, great picture, right? Well, my mom thought they more resembled holes... in my mouth. That's not normal, folks, not normal at all. At one point, I thought two fever blisters were beginning to form. That was bad news for someone who has never had a fever blister, but no worries, I am still fever blister free. My dad thinks it is/was a virus. And as my sister, the English teacher, so kindly informed me, the Biology graduate, viruses can not be treated with antibiotics (like bacteria can) and you must let it run its course. Well, I am thankful to say that the course is almost over. I'm still a little achy as I sit here right now, but the Ibuprofen, Campho-phenique, and Kank-A have almost cured me (though there were points when I thought they were killing me).

Monday, February 21, 2011
*Brownies.
*Cheesecake.
*Pecan and Hazelnut Shortbread.
*Pralines for Jasmine Porch.
*Scones for Jasmine Porch.
*Trained for Jasmine Prep

Tuesday, February 22, 2011
Jasmine Prep included:
*Mascarpone Whip.
*Lime Chantilly.
*Piping "Happy Birthday," "Congratulations," and "Happy Anniversary" on Plates.
*Cutting Croissants for Bread Pudding.
*Baking Lunch Cookies.
*Baking Scones.
*Baking Chocolate Chip Cookies,
In addition I helped Robert (who also graduated from JW and just moved from the night shift to work in Banquets) by making:
*Almond and Chocolate Biscotti.
*Pignoli Cookies.

So, I received two packages in the mail last week. In one package... Bones Season 3. In the other... Bones Season 4. Now, I knew one of these was from my mom, because she had told me to expect a surprise in the mail. I assumed she compared prices and found the best deal at two different places. I immediately texted my friend Katy Capers to tell her, as KC loves her some Brennan and Booth (and has for years longer than me). Then, I looked down and noticed a note to "HayReh." My mom doesn't call me that. Season 4 was FROM KC. She didn't send me 3 because she knew I was well on my way to having it. Soulmates, yes! Thanks, Capers.
Best. Day. Ever. (I am already on disc 3 of Season 3... judge me!)

Wednesday, February 23, 2011
Jasmine Prep included:
*Bourbon Anglaise.
*Macadamia Nut Baskets.
*Pecan Tuile.
*Dipping Pretzels.
*Baking Scones.
*Baking Lunch Cookies.
*Baking CC Cookies.
I also made and did a few things for Banquets:
*Tiramisu.
*Brownies.
*Bagged Brownies (125).
I almost spent like ten minutes helping Erin:
*Warm Spice Cake.

Thursday, February 24, 2011
*Sweet Potato Scones.
I worked from 4-10pm at Jasmine Porch plating dessert, and Temperance trusted me enough to be in JP alone. I almost freaked when a table of eighteen was seated, but only nine of them ordered dessert. I think it went relatively well for my first solo run.
Praline Bread Pudding with Bourbon Anglaise, Caramel Sauce, Salted Vanilla Ice Cream, and a Pecan Tuile served at Jasmine Porch.

My dad and Shirley got married this past Saturday, and I went home to Thomasville (check out my hometown on MSNBC here) for the wedding. Here are a few pictures of me and my sis, the flowers, and the cake (of course).
Classy coordination and hot, just plain hotness.
Notice the Bride and Groom tags.
Dad and Shirley chose the color of the cake from a paint swatch... Silky Petal. Brilliant idea.

My visit to Thomasville also featured:
*Jonah's for dinner. Mmmm.
*My mom taking care of me, the sickly one, which always makes me feel a little better.
*Church.
*Granddaddy's Barbecue.
*The Oscars
*People reading. :)
*A paarrrrrty with our family, with Poppyseed Chicken, Asian Slaw, Rice, Asparagus, Chocolate-covered strawberries, and Dove Ice Cream on the menu.
*Shopping with Mom and Gamma. (I love my grandmother dearly but her+Target+Sunday afternoon+motorized cart= crazy me.)
*Some R&R with my best cats.

Speaking of my best friends, my mizzom left these for me on my bed for when I got home. Best. Day. Ever. Part 2...
Yes, all for me. Judge me... again. (And notice, the half heart on the left, signifying my half eaten box of Russell Stover Valentine's Chocolates, also from my mom.)

On the way back to Charleston yesterday, I was reminded of Reason #757 why I love the South: church signs. When I was an intern at SharpTop, we rather enjoyed finding and sharing rich church signs. I thought I might share my two faves (and in continuing with the blog title, purple is a Biblical color, in case you didn't catch that).

(1) Who is missing from our Ch ch family?
ur

(2) Tomorrow's forecast?
God reigns and the Son shines.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011
*White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies.
*Cheesecake.
*Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.
*Chocolate Cake.

I was an hour late to work today. It's my fault for not looking at the schedule on Thursday night before I left, but I think I will live to work another day at Kiawah despite this minor hiccup. In addition to being late, I also had to attend a seminar of sorts titled "Operation Excellence" today. The focus of the seminar was to remind employees of the resort of our mission statement, core values, importance of verbage and guest interactions, and teamwork and team building. I was expecting the worst, but the two hours went rather fast.

Katy Capers (remember her and her blog?) has been asking me for pictures of Kiawah Island, the Sanctuary Hotel, Charleston, and my apartment. Well, while these pictures are a little unclear and not the greatest, I thought I would start the series with pictures of my apartment (because it is easy to snap photos of where you currently are at the moment). You can skip over these if you would like and don't care to see (as it's not the Sanctuary Hotel), but here you go, Capers!
Living Room.
My room.
Drawers (and dirty clothes :)) in my room.
Closet.

I was just watching Law and Order: SVU and my television mysteriously just turned off. Now, it will turn on for two seconds and then turn right off. Hmmm. I guess this is a sign I should be watching Bones (but I will need to get this fixed). So, Bones and bed it is. 6:45 comes early in the morning!

I HAVE AN IRRATIONAL FEAR OF DRAWBRIDGES

Haley

*Happy Birthday, Melissa!

1 comment: