I am sad to say that there will be no Spring Break for me this year. It is like I'm growing up and have a big girl job and am forced to think like an adult (but I don't have to act like one.. hehe). This officially sucks. But, for those who suffer from "no Spring break, what, huh?" syndrome like me, the cure is to have someone come visit you over their Spring Break. Then, you can vicariously live through this person, do exciting fun things/ go on new adventures, and explore a pretty cool town that you just moved to in the last month or so. My friend, Katie Lynn Weiser (Mooney) arrived on Monday around 6:30 and left yesterday morning around 9. So, it was just a "weekend" 's amount of time, but it was a blast, hanging out with my bff (who I do not get the pleasure of seeing very often) and taking over Charleston.
Here's is an overview and picture book of our two days in and around Charleston:
Monday, March 14, 2011
*Katie, welcome to the...
*Dinner at the Noisy Oyster on Market Street.*Dessert at Kaminsky's Dessert Bar on Market. (If I ever open my dream dessert bar/ restaurant, I would want it to be similar to this, though there are so noticeable changes I would make.)
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
*Kiawah and the Sanctuary Hotel.
*Pizza lunch at Freshfield's (a little retail village at the entrance to Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island).
*Folly Beach.
No beach trip is complete without jumping pictures. I was successful at taking this picture on the first try.*Rainbow Row.
*Arthur Ravenel Jr. Bridge.
*King Street. (A little unsuccessful wedding shopping. :()
*Yogurt at 32* Below.
*Dinner at Med. Bistro. (Delish Mushroom Risotto!)
Wednesday, March 16, 2011
I was scheduled to work at 1, meaning I prepped and worked service at JP.
*Irish Sweet Potatoes.
*Blackberry Sauce.
*Lemon Tuile.
*Pecan Tuile.
*Mac. Baskets.
*Dipped Pretzels.
*Unmolded Bread Pudding.
*Attempted to Unmold Pecan Pies. :)
*Baked Scones.
*Mascapone Whip.
*Wrapped Creme Brulee.
While I waitied for orders at JP, I...
*Shapped Potatoes (special mignardises for St. Patty's Day).
*Cut the Lemon Cake.
They changed my station in JP, with spring and summer, the busy season, just around the corner. It gives me more room, but it is going to take some getting used to.
A table wanted to share some desserts: Pecan Pie with Vanilla Ice Cream and Chocolate Sauce and Key Lime Pie with a Macademia Nut Basket, Strawberry Ice Cream, and Blackberry Sauce.
Second Plate: Bread Pudding (I've posted a picture of that. The tuile should be flipped.) and Caramel Creme Brulee with Mascapone Whip. and Chocolate Pretzels.Thursday, March 17 2011
In honor of St. Patrick's Day, we served green soda bread, an Irish car bomb dessert, and Irish sweet potatoes for mignardises.
I worked from 1-10ish again, helping prep and then serve.
*Pralines.
*Baked Scones.
*Pecan Pies.
*Tart Dough on Sheeter for Pecan Pie Crust.
*Mac Baskets.
*Went over prep with Temp.
*Lime Chantilly.
In JP...
*Cut Pralines for Bread Pudding.
*Rolled Butter for the guys JP.
*Flowers for Lemon Cake.
Special St. Patrick's Day Dessert, Irish Car Bomb: Guinness Brownie, Jameson Caramel, and Bailey's Ice Cream, with a festive Chocolate Shamrock.I forgot to mention in my last post, though I did mention her in the Mardi Gras shenanigans, that my new roommate, Alexa, moved in the first weekend in March. She is originally from PA but is a student at Johnson and Wales in Charlotte, NC (though she will finish her degree at the Providence, RI, campus.)
The Executive Pastry Chef at the Sanctuary, who interviewed me at the CIA in November, left the hotel and his job due to family obligations. Last week, a candidate for his position worked in the Pastry kitchen for his plating, a part of the interview process for any chef at the Hotel. I heard Wednesday that he did in fact receive the job. So, now, the Sanctuary has a new Executive Pastry Chef. (He is originally from Michigan but moved to Charleston from Highlands, North Carolina.)
Hay Reh
*Happy Belated Birthday to the best sister in the entire world (yes, my sis is better than your sis or, heck, your sibling(s)). Happy 28th, Jess (wowsers). I hope you had a great day throwing yourself a party in Yearbook. :) I cannot wait to see you today. I love you and do not know what I would do without you. And don't worry, I celebrated St. Patrick's Day/ you in style with that Irish Car Bomb dessert, complete with my fav, Bailey's Ice Cream. :) (See what I mean? Pastry= a reason to celebrate everything with a sweet treat!)
*Happy Belated Birthday to one of my bffs and a regular on the blog, Katy Capers. I hope you enjoyed your "Old Fashioned" Cocktail at the Karaoke Bar. And, I thought about it some more, and if you are going to sing the Dixie Chicks in a bar in Boston, MA, you should just embrace the South, what those around you think of you, let them judge (because you are proud of where you were born and raised), and just sing "Goodbye, Earl" (I mean, I DID name a blog post after the song). :) I love you, Capers.







y'all look beautiful!! and (of course) i'm totally jealous! best jumpy pics ever, btw! ya make me proud :) and i love you, too, hayreh!!
ReplyDelete