Friday, March 18 , 2011
2-10ish Shift prepping for and working in JP.
*Ice Cream for Erin- Basil and Bourbon.
*Made and Baked Scones.
*Blackberry Sauce.
*Pralines.
After work, I drove straight to the Holiday Inn Express (yay, Priority Club) to see Mom, Jess, Greens, and Gam. We hung out for a bit (and watched UGA lose in Round 2?!), and then, I went back to my apartment to pass out.
Saturday, March 19, 2011
I got up early, or early for me, to get dressed and meet the fam for brunch/lunch. We drove downtown to eat on Broad/King/East Bay, but a Walk for Water fundraiser was happening. Gertie the Garmin was incredibly frustrated, not being able to go where she wanted to go, as were all the passengers in the car. Eventually, after a scenic tour of Charleston, we headed back to West Ashley, where I live, to eat at Med. Bistro (where Katie and I went). The spicy chicken quesadillas and spinach and artichoke dip were delish.
Then, it was off to work for me!
2-11ish Shift prepping for and working in JP.
*Chocolate Chip Cookies.
*Lime Chantilly.
*Key Lime Pies.
*Mascarpone Whip.
*Lemon Tuile.
*Mac. Baskets.
*Pecan Tuile.
*Creme Brulee.
*Scones.
*While Robert baked the Chocolate Hazelnut Cake the day before and Erin whipped up the Nutella Buttercream, I put together a cake for my sister. I piped a border and added a chocolate shamrock.

My family came to eat at JP on Saturday night, and everyone at JP treated them like royalty, with appetizers and champagne. Mom, Jess, Kellee (and Butterbean), Brandon, Greens, and Gamma seemed impressed and thoroughly enjoyed dinner. Chef Nick let me put together anything I wanted for them for dessert. They weren't even given a dessert menu. :) And, I got to bring it out to their table. Here's the spread:
Sunday, March 20, 2011
On Sunday morning, we, with Brandon and Kellee, who came to visit from Statesboro, in tow this time, ventured downtown again. Again, we were unsuccessful. Too long of a wait at Hominy Grill. No place to park. We ended up at Panera, in West Ashley. Bah.
Though I didn't see the family much while they were here, I enjoyed having them here. I hope y'all enjoyed visiting Charleston and will come back again soon!
2-10ish Shift prepping for and working in JP.
*Made Key Lime Pies.
*Dipped Pretzels.
*Mac. Baskets.
*Pecan Tuile.
*Double Cream Orange. (Thanks, Robyn.)
*Made and Baked Scones.
*Mixed Berry Sauce.
*Pecan Pie (which included rolling sucre dough out with Sheeter.)
Monday, March 21, 2011
1-10ish Shift prepping for and working in JP.
*Made and Baked Scones.
*Caramel Creme Brulee Base.
*Lemon Tuile.
*Pralines x 2 (burnt the first batch, oops!).
In JP
*Cut Cake (and proceeded to cut my finger in the process, while cleaning the knife. JD helped wrapped my finger and it eventually stopped bleeding. I did have to wear a finger cot the whole night, which is an instant sign, saying "hey, look at me, I'm an idiot and cut myself.")
*Cut Croissants for Bread Pudding.
*Piped Goat Cheese for JP.
*Sliced Fennel in Slicer and placed in Dehydrator for Banquets.
Tuesday, March 22, 2011
OFF
Wednesday, March 23, 2011
OFF and possibly MOVING? Errrr.
NO HELMET LAW FOR MOTORCYCLISTS OR BICYCLISTS IN SC? UNBELIEVABLE!
Hay Reh






No comments:
Post a Comment