ONE Custard:
**Pecan
*Pumpkin
ONE Fruit:
**Blueberry (lattice)
*Cherry (lattice)
*Apple (second crust on top)
ONE Cream:
**Chocolate
**Banana
With the fruit, we used a second pie crust to create a lattice for the blueberry and cherry. For the apple, the second shell was placed directly on top, with a small cut to vent in the center.
With the cream, we made pastry cream to fill. If you wanted chocolate, four ounces of chocolate was added to the cream immediately after finishing the cream with butter to melt. Chef Haymon allowed us to made chocolate banana cream pie if we so desired, and I so desired. (I have no picture of my cream pie, as it went straight to the refrigerator upon cooling.)
The pecan pie was delicious (sorry for this weird picture angle), but it was not Gamma's Pecan Pie (no chocolate :().
My blueberry pie turned out well, for it being my first lattice pie. I tried the cherry and it was tart. Unfortunately, I did not try the blueberry but maybe tomorrow?!Tomorrow we are making genoise, or sponge cake, again and puff pastry. Wowsers. I heart culinary school!
PIE YA LATER
Hay Reh
No comments:
Post a Comment