I drove from Charleston straight to Thomasville. I chatted a bit with my aunt and uncle before hopping in the car, again, to RIDE to Destin, Florida, to meet my sister for a week of vacation, with mom and Gamma. Atlantic or Gulf? If I had to choose one of the other, I would have to pick the Gulf; it is like my second home.
I loved how the rays radiated through the clouds. I took this picture with my camera phone on the drive from SC to T-Vegas and I think it is super cool.On Tuesday, Jess and I spent some time on the beach, her getting her tan on and me getting my, well, burn on. Jess, also, attempted to get her read on, with her new Kindle. I have decided that while educational and fun, if you have one, Kindles are extremely annoying for those who do not have one and have to compete with one for human companionship. :) I mean, me read good but me no like to read. We walked down to the jetty and spent some quality sister time together. Tuesday afternoon included a bit of shopping with mom and dinner that night at PF Changs. Mmm.
Gamma and mom left on Wednesday, but Jessica and I stayed a day longer. Jess and I thought about eating at Commander's Palace on the Destin Harbor but decided against it. However, we still wanted to explore down by the harbor and decided to eat at Harry T's. To our shock and surprise, we found out that Commander's Palace (the original is in New Orleans) in Destin had actually closed in November. It was a beautiful restaurant, that Jess and I had the pleasure of dining at last year. I am sad to see that it did not make it through these economic times. Harry T's, with our cheese and crab dip, my honey balsamic grouper with veggies, and Jess's seafood combo basket, was delicious.
While waiting for our table, Jess and I walked along the water and near the bridge. How beautiful, right?Unfortunately, it was overcast on Thursday. I spent most of the day watching True Blood on DVD (thanks, Swanns). Jess did make it down to the pool for a bit to... read. We cleaned and packed and showered and headed to Thomasville.
After getting my hair cut and almost killing my sister (love you), I spent a good amount of time trying to fit life into two suitcases to take to New York for three weeks. I have three weeks of classes in New York, half of a six week block of classroom classes. I then fly back to Georgia for July break, before heading back to New York to finish out my last "year" at the CIA in August. Eh yi yi.
This is what happens when you have no permanent residence, things accumulate. Do you think I have enough pillows on my bed in Thomasville?!
Jess and I drove to Athens on Friday. We met Greenie at Asia Cafe. Greenie and I watched a bit of tele, while Jess cleaned, all while waiting for dad and Shirley to come visit Jessica's for the weekend. Happy Father's Day weekend!
After getting ready for the day and binding my finished extern manual at Staples, all four of us went to the Atlanta airport, where we said our goodbyes. I hate traveling to New York by myself with a 50 pound bag, and hopefully, this is the last time I will have to do it. Now, here I am, waiting to board my flight to New York.
CIA, here I come!
"I'M LEAVING TODAY. I WANT TO BE APART OF IT, NEW YORK, NEW YORK."
Hay Reh
After getting my hair cut and almost killing my sister (love you), I spent a good amount of time trying to fit life into two suitcases to take to New York for three weeks. I have three weeks of classes in New York, half of a six week block of classroom classes. I then fly back to Georgia for July break, before heading back to New York to finish out my last "year" at the CIA in August. Eh yi yi.
This is what happens when you have no permanent residence, things accumulate. Do you think I have enough pillows on my bed in Thomasville?!Jess and I drove to Athens on Friday. We met Greenie at Asia Cafe. Greenie and I watched a bit of tele, while Jess cleaned, all while waiting for dad and Shirley to come visit Jessica's for the weekend. Happy Father's Day weekend!
After getting ready for the day and binding my finished extern manual at Staples, all four of us went to the Atlanta airport, where we said our goodbyes. I hate traveling to New York by myself with a 50 pound bag, and hopefully, this is the last time I will have to do it. Now, here I am, waiting to board my flight to New York.
CIA, here I come!
"I'M LEAVING TODAY. I WANT TO BE APART OF IT, NEW YORK, NEW YORK."
Hay Reh



No comments:
Post a Comment