Saturday, April 30, 2011

Beach Bunny Part II.

There are two dining options at the Sanctuary Hotel for Easter, a buffet from 11-4ish at the Grand Oaks Ballroom area or brunch at Jasmine Porch from 12-8. Everyone worked Easter in the Pastry Department, Robyn, Chef, and Erin at Grand Oaks and Temperance, Christine, and me at Jasmine Porch, plus Robert and Richard in the kitchen.

On Easter, I worked from 12 noon to about 11, I was scheduled at the action station making Strawberry Shortcake at Jasmine Porch. Temperance and Christine started work early, finishing last minute things and setting up the desserts at Jasmine. Therefore, after Grand Oaks was broken down, Erin came to Jasmine to help me at the Jasmine brunch and with break down, while Temperance and Christine called it a day. It was a long day, but it was a fun/ exciting day.

Here's a slideshow of the Easter Egg-stravaganza:

Easter Preparation...
Chef worked so hard on the showpieces and they were kept in a back hallway until Easter.

Jasmine Porch...
Ice Sculpture at Carving Station. See the Bunny's knife?
Kid's Table.
Small, White Chocolate Egg.
Sugar Tulips.
Dessert Station.

Grand Oaks...
*These were taken AFTER the event.
Ice Sculpture with Sanctuary Logo.
Painter Peter Rabbit with White Chocolate Egg.
Sugar Tulips, Meringue Cookies, and Other Sweet Treats.
Easter Lily Edible Egg.
Splatter, White Chocolate Egg at Action Station.
Kid's Table.
Pooh in Hunny Pot. The infrastructure is foil and plastic wrap. Impressive, right?
The Ballroom.

The Easter Bunny came to visit me, early! I was afraid that, with this being my first Easter away from home in 23 years, that (s)he wouldn't find me but (s)he did, indeed. (S)He's a silly wabbit! (S)He brought me TWO POUNDS of Russell Stover Cashew Clusters, and I love (her/)him for it. I love (her/)him more already for the ONE POUND that I've enjoyed. (S)He also sent me a beautiful dress, my car tag (suspicious), and gift cards galore. Thanks, Easter Bunny!
Nothing says "Hoppy Easter" like Easter Candy!

SUCCESS. I FOUND ARMY WIVES.

Haley

1 comment:

  1. Mom says...great Blog! Love all the beautiful Easter pictures! 22 days...really! Pleeezzze a new one! lutm

    ReplyDelete