On Tuesday, I went to North Charleston, to the old Naval Base, where they film the show. Besides just seeing the outside of the houses where these characters "live," I explored RiverFront Park and the Naval Base Memorial. While my goals were selfish, to see the film sites, I thoroughly enjoyed walking down by the Cooper River and reading about Charleston's history, its place during war time, and about the Naval Base and Naval yard.
The Flags at the Memorial overlooking the Cooper River. Sometimes, in the show, characters are filmed running or training near the river.
The Administration building in Army Wives. There is a parking spot with two stars for 2 Star General Holden at the front. Many ceremonies are held on the lawn in front.
General Michael Holden and Claudia Joy's House. You can just drive up, as if this were your house, just like they do in the show.
Side of General Holden's House. The gazebo/ arbor area is seen many times in the show. Most recently, this is where the characters gather for Gabriel's wedding shower when they first hear of Jeremy's death.
I think this was Chase and Pamela's house before they divorced. Or is it Joan and Roland's?All houses are boarded up, as filming is complete for this season. It is strange. You can tell these places are "Army Wife" houses because they are (1) boarded and (2) have a rope around the lawn/ grass that says "Keep Off Grass." Other than that, you can walk where you like.
This is Roxie's Hump Bar. It is seemingly far away from the Noisette neighborhood, where all the other houses can be found. I found it by chance. I am assuming the "Hump Bar" sign has been taken down until filming resumes. A few episodes back, Roxie comes out of the wooden gate with the star on the right.PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN (and not ashamed of my solo Army Wives tour).
Haley



No comments:
Post a Comment